Pages

Tuesday 6 August 2013

... And they lived happily ever after.

I wonder how long "ever after" is? Like they say in fairy tales; they lived happily EVER AFTER. I've come to the conclusion this week that this life I'm living right now is my personal "happily ever after". Our "ever after" reached a huge milestone on August Second, when the husband and I celebrated TEN years of wedded bliss. I wasn't actually feeling the magnitude of this milestone leading up to it, after-all my parents just celebrated Forty and each set of my grandparents made it past Sixty! But as Jan and I got away from the kids for two days of alone-time together, I felt more and more pride in this milestone we've achieved. Why not be proud of each step along the way, instead of waiting for some unknown time in the future to reach "happily ever after".
Jan and I had a great time away from everything to celebrate, believe it or not, this was the first time the two of us had been away from our three kids for two nights in a row - ever! We didn't have cell phone or Internet reception, so we really had some quality ALONE time. I didn't even go into technology withdrawl, and had only a slight moment of anxiety that we couldn't be reached should anything happen with the kids. We stayed at the Cedar Chalets in Nakusp, BC. Right beside the hot springs! We were able to take advantage of the the hot springs 3 times in two days! Ahhhhh, bliss. Plus we got to sleep in until 11:00, I don't think I could have asked for a better way to celebrate our anniversary. Seriously. Perfect.
I love you Johnson.






Looking forward to many more decades ahead my love!
Happy Anniversary

No comments:

Post a Comment