Pages

Monday 13 May 2013

Mother's Day 2013

Happy Mother's Day! Especially to my mommy, I love you mom.

Today was a super fantastic way to spend Mother's Day. It started off with a sleep-in, because the munchkins had been over at my parent's place for a sleepover the night before. Seriously, a sleep-in is better than almost any gift you can give this mother. 

Any gift, that is, aside from kid-made flowers, cards and a puppy!








The sleep-in and homemade gifts were awesome! But I got spoiled even further with fruit. Blueberries and strawberries to be precise...
My amazing husband slaved away all weekend, with "help" from the kids and a little from me too, to create an unbelievable raised garden bed for blueberries and strawberries.

 Mikayla shows off the strawberries for Momma

 Gavin gives mommy a handsome smile and strawberries, double win.

 My new favourite summertime drink: homemade iced tea
I could drink gallons of this. A great way to cool off when working up a sweat in the sun.

 Here are my blueberries!!!! Getting ready to be planted in their new home. Jan built the raised garden bed from wood he had laying around from previous projects, then stained it to match our fence.

 My babies water the blueberry plants

 Planting is hard work. Bubble break.

 Could he get any cuter?

 TA-DA!! Mikayla shows off the finished product. WOW!

 And, the unobstructed view of my beautiful Mother's Day gift.

Jan came up with this unique design idea. He drilled holes into the front of the planter box, and planted the strawberries through the holes. This way the strawberries can hang down like they like to. Plus, I think it looks absolutely stunning!

Gavin decided he would not pose in front of the planter, Spiderman had walls to climb.

Jan finished up his big project just as the family arrived for dinner! We capped off this great Mother's Day with a barbecue with my Mom and Dad, my brother, sister-in-law, niece and nephew. Delicious.

No comments:

Post a Comment