Pages

Friday 14 September 2012

Back To School

Summer holidays are great and all, but I love back-to-school! I really like fall in general, the leaves turning, the cool mornings, pumpkin spice lattes, and of course my birthday (countdown is on, 13 more days). Oops, I digress. Back-to-school is what I'm actually writing about.
The kids were excited this year about getting back to school, Mikayla especially. She was begging to go to school for a week before it even started, and she was especially excited for buying and wearing new school clothes. A little fashion diva I'm raising, I don't know how, I'm very unfashionable at the best of times. Anyway, she loves the social aspect of school, she loves learning, she loves making things and being creative, she is at that age where everything about school is fun. I hope she never looses that enjoyment of school, a mother can dream can't she?




I was so happy that Gavin was anticipating the start of junior kindergarten with excitement rather than dread. He had an awful time adjusting to pre-school last year. He cried every time when we dropped him off, for months. I'm sure that comes from him having either Mommy or Daddy around all the time, never having been to daycare or the like. Well, this year he did AWESOME!!!!!! His first day was short and the parents stayed to ease kids into it, so no problem there. His second day I left without a single tear from him. Speaking of tears, not a single one from me either this year. I'm not the super-emotional-cries-at-the-drop-of-a-hat kind of girl, but I admit I've had wet eyes taking my kids to their first day of school in previous years.



Happy back-to-school!

No comments:

Post a Comment