Pages

Wednesday 8 August 2012

Happy {9th} Anniversary

Okay it's a couple days late, but we've been on holidays and my computer time has been severely limited. Jan and I celebrated our 9th wedding anniversary this week!! 9 years, no kidding.
It was a PERFECT anniversary night, we were camping, the weather was near perfect, the fire was crackling we listened to our wedding "first dance" song on the iPhone just before heading off to sleep.  A little sappy, but sure brought us back to that day 9 years earlier...

August 2nd 2003, Calgary, AB. Ask anyone who attended our wedding what they remember most and 90% of them will say the weather. It was frickin' HOT. I think it topped out at 32C that day, and our reception venue didn't have AC!!!!

Here are 10 random memories from that day:
  1. I was NOT late for the ceremony, but for some reason the boys stood up at the alter for a long time waiting for us girls.
  2. My dad walked me down the aisle to Jan, and Jan leans in sweetly to me and says "nice rack!"
  3. My cheeks hurt from smiling too much.
  4. There was a breakdown in communication about who was supposed to unlock the reception hall and at what time, everyone waited outside in the heat
  5. I wrote my speech last minute (the night before), I'm sure it was amazing - but I can't remember.
  6. It was a great party. Lots of dancing, despite the heat.
  7. We ran out of beer half way through and had to go get more.
  8. Our hotel room was upgraded and we actually stayed in a suite the Queen had once stayed in. We ordered pizza from room service.
  9. I felt (and still do) so blessed to have my grandfather marry us, I had dreamt of that since I was a little girl.
  10. I felt beautiful. And happy ecstatic.
Happy Anniversary my love. I love you.




1 comment:

  1. happy 9th!! i totally remember your wedding ... and the heat. glad you guys had a great anniversary. :)

    ReplyDelete