Pages

Wednesday 9 May 2012

Super-photographer in the making: Part 2

Well, that lived up to all my expectations, and then some!! On Sunday I got to go to the highly-anticipated photography class I wrote about last week. I'm pretty sure I was grinning ear-to-ear the whole day. It was fabulous in a few ways: first and foremost I learnt lots, and it gave me an appetite to keep learning more, and secondly the added bonus of spending kid-free time with a friend.

The course was VERY beginner, it went through the basics of the buttons on the camera, changing different settings on the camera, and just barely grazing the tip of the iceberg on the rest of photography. But you've gotta start somewhere, and this course will be a great foundation for many more to come.

Of course while you're learning about photography you've got to take some pictures, I mostly took pictures of the back of people's heads, or the ceiling, or the whiteboard and our instructor writing on it (almost all of which I promptly deleted). I definitely took numerous photos of my coffee cups, other people's drinking vessels, my note pad, and of course of my partner in crime, Moj. We also had a short field-trip outside just before lunch to take some "scenery" shots, thank goodness for a sunny day. But like I said, I deleted most of the photos. There was lots of playing with settings and trying out new things which of course leads to, ummm "interesting" photography.

Here's a little glimpse inside my photography course...






1 comment: