Pages

Tuesday 24 April 2012

Wordless Wednesday but with words - Strider Bike

Spring!!! You've taken far too long to arrive. But now that you're here, the waiting is just a distant memory.

I'm loving getting the kids out of the house to run/bike/play that energy away. This past week we got Levi a new bike, it's called a "Strider" and basically it's a two-wheeler for toddlers. It has no pedals, and no training wheels. Apparently it's great for teaching little ones the basics of balance and steering on a two-wheeler, and from here getting onto a bike with pedals (and of course no training wheels) is a snap, so they say.

Levi is still a little hesitant with the Strider, but that adorable little grin on his face, and the way he says "bi-ke-cle" and squeals, tells me this is just the beginning of something beautiful.




This post is the first I've ever tried to link-up with another blog. I'm still pretty new to this whole blogging world, but I figure maybe it's time to participate a bit more rather than just stalk other blogs from the comfort of my own anonymity.

and
 then, she {snapped}

3 comments:

  1. What a cutie! I've heard those work really well to help them learn to ride.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember running along behind both of my kids teaching them to ride, there is nothing quite like that moment when you let go and they are off and peddling alone... and then they look back and see you and know they are doing it and oh boy there is always that heart stopping wobble as the suddenly realise but then they really realise and they free. Whhhheeeeee! I loved those moments.

    Mollyxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to teach my little one to ride a bike. What fun!

    ReplyDelete