Pages

Saturday 10 March 2012

Mikayla's Birthday Questionnaire



Like most things around our household, this post has been delayed due to the busyness three children seems to bring upon us. Almost two weeks ago now we celebrated Mikayla's 6th birthday, and this is something I've wanted to start doing with each of the kids on their birthdays. I saw something similar pinned on Pinterest, a list of questions to ask your child each year on their birthday. It's a simple way to see how their likes and dislikes change over the years, to see how they grow, how they change, a little glimpse of who they are in their own words. I've actually found it hard to think of what questions I would like to ask in this questionnaire. I've seen a few different lists on line, but couldn't find one that I liked best. I wanted to try to do some of the simple things as well as some of the things that might be more relevant as they get older and are asked these same questions. So, this is what I've come up with, and Mikayla's answers as a 6 year old.

1. Favourite Colour? Pink and Purple
2. Favourite Food/Place to Eat? Popcorn, The mall
3. Favourite thing to do? Play with my brothers
4. Best Friend? Camryn and Danielle
5. Grade/Teacher? Kindergarten, Ms. Pitcher
6. What do you want to be when you grow up? An artist and a mom
7. Favourite Book? Books that we make together
8. Favourite Movie? Gnomeo and Juliet, and family videos
9. Favourite animal? Elephant (this really surprised me)
10. What makes you happy? Playing with my brothers
11. What are you really good at? Helping Mommy and Daddy
12. Where is your favourite place to go? The mall
13. What do you like to do with your brothers? Play hide and seek
14. If you could have a super-power what would it be? Be invisible Batgirl
15. What do Mom and Dad do that makes you happy? Take care of me
16. What is one thing you've done that you are most proud of? My work that I make at school and my letters
17. What do you like best about school? Playing with Mason
18. What would you like to learn to do better this year? Cartwheels
19. What is the scariest thing you've had to do? Well I had a dream that I had to walk a tight rope (she couldn't think of anything scary she has actually done)
20. What is you're biggest achievement/accomplishment to date? Ride my bike without training wheels

No comments:

Post a Comment